David O'Grady, Ph.D., ABPP - O'Grady Psychology Associates
David O'Grady, Ph.D., ABPP
O'Grady Psychology Associates
1600 South Main Street, Suite 177
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
David O'Grady, Ph.D., ABPP
O'Grady Psychology Associates
Expert Witness - Independent Medical Examinations
Dr. David O’Grady is an experienced expert neuropsychologist who is proficient in conducting independent medical examinations to offer opinions on psychological injury and disability. Comprehensive exams objectively measure changes in neurocognitive abilities and emotional functioning. Dr. O'Grady has served as a retained expert on more than 200 litigated cases. In addition to adult and child IMEs, forensic services include consultation, medical record review and deposition preparation.
Services are offered to attorneys in civil litigation (defense and plaintiff’s counsel) and to insurance claims managers involved in making determinations of disability.
- Traumatic brain injury
- Seizure disorder
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Effects of chemotherapy on cognitive functioning
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Psychosomatic disorders
- Depression and anxiety disorders
Opinions are based on comprehensive knowledge of the subject, up-to-date methodology and current research. Every IME will include assessment of pre-injury level of functioning and symptom validity. Counsel can rely on timely response, excellent communication and prompt report preparation.
Capacity for Making Decisions
Mental capacity, or competence, for making decisions about financial matters or medical care can deteriorate because of dementia or other neuropsychological impairments. We offer comprehensive, impartial evaluations to help answer questions about testamentary capacity, competence to manage finances, and ability to make sound healthcare decisions.
Dr. David O’Grady offers independent professional evaluations of a claimant’s capacity for work. He evaluates cognitive and emotional limitations, motivation, symptom magnification, and appropriateness of current treatment. He provides recommendations for future treatment, guidelines for return to work and suggestions for employer accommodations.
Training and Consultation
In addition to litigation support, Dr. O’Grady offers continuing education on topics that include traumatic brain injury, evaluation of disability claims, and detection of malingering.
Attorneys and insurance professionals are encouraged to arrange a telephone consultation with Dr. O’Grady to discuss any questions about cases. 925-256-9696C.V. available upon request.
About Dr. David D. O’Grady
Dr. David D. O’Grady is a board certified neuropsychologist who conducts neurocognitive testing to assist in diagnosing brain disorders, learning problems, and neurodevelopmental conditions. Dr. O’Grady has extensive experience working with both children and adults. He sees children and teens with a wide variety of behavioral and developmental problems. Approximately half his practice is devoted to working with adults who are seeking change to achieve more satisfying relationships and emotional lives.
“After 25 years in practice, my work still enlivens me, and I am deeply committed to my patients. First and foremost, I am a humanist–I see life as a process of growth and development. I believe strongly in the resilience of the human spirit and our capacity to create a true sense of well-being. I am board certified in clinical neuropsychology, the specialty that focuses on brain-mind relationships. I am fascinated by the brain and what we are learning about the complexity and wonder of the human experience.”
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of California, Berkeley
- Consulting neuropsychologist to:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers
- John Muir Medical Group
- Acalanes Union High School District
- Mt. Diablo Unified School District
- Past President, Northern California Neuropsychology Forum
- Post-doctoral Fellow, UCSF Medical Center, Division of Behavioral Pediatrics
- Ph.D., California School of Professional Psychology at Berkeley
- M.S., San Francisco State University
- B.A., Johnston College at the University of Redlands
- President, Contra Costa Psychological Association
- Clinical Director, Family Services of Contra Costa
- Director of Training, Walnut Creek Hospital
- Consulting Neuropsychologist, Golden State Rehabilitation Hospital
- Consulting Neuropsychologist, Los Medanos Community Hospital
- Consulting Neuropsychologist, Mt. Diablo Rehabilitation Center
- Professor, John F. Kennedy University
- Research Associate, University of California, Berkeley, Institute of Human Development
CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- California licensed psychologist
- Board certified clinical neuropsychologist, American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)
- Member, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Member, National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Member, Contra Costa Psychological Association
Dr. David O’Grady has been interviewed by numerous TV news programs, radio shows, magazines and newspapers on a variety of topics related to psychology, including the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Contra Costa Times, Newsweek, Diablo Magazine, KRON-TV, KTVU-TV, KPIX-TV, ABC network radio, NBC network radio, BBC radio (Great Britain), NHK radio (Japan), KNBR-radio, KSFO-radio, KQED-radio, KCBS-radio.
View On Google Maps